.....

Sunday, April 3, 2011

We had a pretty eventful week at the Gordon household last week.

I had my last 3 days of work at my current job since I was laid off about 2 weeks ago. I worked for a small insurance office for a scratch agent that has only been in business for 3 years. Basically, they couldn't afford to keep me since the production of the office wasn't as good as it should have been. Being the low man on the totem pole, I was the first to go. I had only been there for 6 months. Luckily, they helped me by setting me up with a few interviews with different offices in the area. I was able to find a better job with better pay. I am very thankful! My first day at the new job was this past Friday. So far so good!

In even more exciting news, Knox has started walking! The past few weeks he has been getting more confident at standing on his own. He pushes his walker ahead of him and stands alone for a fair amount of time until falling on his bottom. He is so proud of himself, it's the cutest thing. With some coaxing he would take a few steps on his own towards either Ryan or I. The past few days I have found him randomly walking from furniture to furniture. He doesn't crawl much anymore...he only seems to do it when he absolutley has to! He also started climbing the stairs this week. If you chase him up he giggles and thinks it's the funniest thing. I can see our future now of chasing him everywhere, especially when he is walking more.

Ryan's big event of the week was all the rain we had that filled the bunkers on the golf course. He said there are lakes and ducks in my bunkers! I think it has been raining straight for the last 7 days. The rivers were at flood stage 4 on Wednesday. We are so ready for some sun!

My Mom is coming to visit this Tuesday to Knoxsit for us for the latter part of the week. I am so excited! My sister is also coming for the weekend. Not sure what we will do, but I love having family come to our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment